Reporting to – VP of Sales
Location - Hybrid working (2 days in Manchester office, 3 days remote)
As a Sales Engineer you will work primarily to support the sales cycle alongside the Account Executive team and will participate in sales planning and business development activities.
You will be responsible for the pre-sales solution construction including the engagement approach, resource planning and technical components presented to the client.
Our Sales Enginners provide exemplary pre-sales functional and technical expertise through technical and product presentations, demonstrations, pilot implementations, and on-going sales consultation.
You will be responsible for leveraging internal expertise, as required, to ensure the solution and approach (including associated assets, resources, estimates and timelines) align to best practices.
You may be asked to architect, prototype, and demonstrate moderately complex solutions specifically tailored for prospective customers
What your role will involve:
- You'll be a product expert to the sales team and technical lead on major sales opportunities.
- Your role will be instrumental in the full sales cycle including discovery, opportunity evaluation, proof of concept support, and opportunity closure.
- You will support sales teams with client meetings and presentations.
- You will partner closely with prospects to devise solutions to complex customer requirements.
- You will coordinate solutions design with sales team, R&D team, and technical sales to ensure accuracy and feasibility.
- You'll conduct custom proof of concept evaluations to implement software to demonstrate the ability to meet client objectives.
- You'll support sales in the production of high quality sales proposals and supporting assets.
What experience you should bring to be successful:
- 2 – 3 years of relevant experience in sales engineering for a SaaS company.
- Experience selling, configuring and delivering software demonstrations.
- Experience implementing software products or solutions to enterprise companies.
- Working knowledge of web applications and their architecture and design.
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders in marketing, sales and engineering.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills to excel in a complex and rapidly evolving environment.
What do we offer in return?:
- 25 days holiday, increasing with length of service
- Hybrid, flexible working model
- Share options
- Pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Health cash plan
- Annual pay review
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast every day when in the office
- Free onsite parking
- Free office fitness and mindfulness classes
- Monthly well-being sessions
- 24/7 mental health support and company paid counselling